As the COVID-19 outbreak spreads across the globe, companies and industries of all sizes must tackle several different issues. The professional liability industry is no different. PLUS has compiled a number of resources to help our members navigate the new normal while the majority of the workforce is working remotely. Our goal is to keep you educated and moving forward in this time of uncertainty.
For the most reliable and current information, visit the CDC's website.
- Coronavirus: How to work from home, the right way, BBC
- Working Remotely During COVID-19, Your Mental Health and Well-being, Center for Workplace Mental Health
- Checklist For Companies With Remote Employees Due To COVID-19, Forbes
- COVID-19 Has My Teams Working Remotely: A Guide for Leaders, Gallop
- Leading Remotely: What Managers Need to Keep Teams Engaged, Gallop
- Guide to Managing Your (Newly) Remote Workers, Harvard Business Review
- How to Collaborate Effectively If Your Team Is Remote, Harvard Business Review
- Managing When the Future Is Unclear, Harvard Business Review
- A Parent’s Guide to Working From Home With Kids, Indeed
- Everything You Should Know About Working From Home, Indeed
- Telecommuting Policies Face Test as Coronavirus Risk Empties Offices, Zurich North America
- The Best Advice for Remote Work Success from 10 Global Teams, Trello
- Kids on a conference call? Tips for parents working from home, Human Resources Director
- Ergonomic Tips for Working Remotely, CNA
- 7 Essential Tips for Working From Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic, The Muse
- 8 Steps to Have a Good Day When Working Remotely, Inc.
- Why Working From Home Is So Exhausting - And How To Reinvigorate, Forbes
Changes at PLUS
Events | PLUS will not be holding any in-person events through March 31, 2021. This includes international, national, and local chapter events, as well as Women’s Leadership Network events and committee meetings. However, PLUS is planning the following upcoming virtual events:
Education | PLUS is continuing to work on distance learning opportunities such as:
- Online eLearning Modules: PLUS has been working hard to convert all PLUS Curriculum modules to a new, online eLearning format. Get a jump start on the Core modules today by clicking here.
- Online Exams: PLUS has converted several elective exams into an online format to help those pursuing their RPLU designation. These exams are taken entirely online and count towards your designation; however, they are not eligible for CE/CLE credit. Click here for more details.
- Webinars: PLUS will continue to hold regular webinars on various PL topics. Click here to find the next webinar or re-watch recent ones.
- Podcasts: PLUS is gathering expert speakers in a variety of business lines to discuss the possible effects of COVID-19 from an underwriting, risk management, and legal perspective. Click here to listen to all available podcasts.
Staff | All PLUS staff will continue working remotely. Rest assured that whether you contact us by phone or email, our team will be equipped to provide you with excellent service. Click here to connect with PLUS staff.