Overview & Requirements
The goal of the Cyber Professional Liability Practitioner (CPLP) Designation is to provide foundational knowledge of key cyber liability concepts as they relate to professional liability as well as ongoing continuing education in the latest trends and changes to cyber liability in the professional liability space.
How do I earn the CPLP designation?
To earn the CPLP designation, you must:
- Be a member of PLUS
- Have a minimum of 2 years in the insurance industry
- Complete the following PLUS Curriculum modules and their corresponding exams:
- Module 1 & 2 | Fundamentals of Liability Insurance / Commercial General Liability Insurance Overview
- Module 3 | Professional Liability Insurance: Introductions
- Module 6 | Professional Liability Insurance Claims
- Module 23 | Cyber Risk
- Attend live or purchase the on-demand recordings* of the PLUS Cyber University virtual program
*Note: On-demand recordings will only be available for purchase for 90 days after the live virtual program.
- Complete the Held for Ransom eLearning course
- Complete the CPLP Agreement Form after you've completed the above requirements and return it to Stephanie Johnson
Do I have to do anything to maintain the CPLP designation after I earn it?
Yes, a candidate must complete and self-report 12 hours of continuing education related to cyber professional liability every 2 years, as well as be a current PLUS member at the time of renewal. Click here for more information on continuing education requirements.
Do you have a complete list of modules, what formats they're available in, and pricing?
Yes, we do! Click here for a list of all modules and their available formats. Click here for pricing.
Ready to get started?
There is no application or matriculation process. Simply start by purchasing your first module. Click here for more information on purchasing modules and exams.
Have more questions?
Check out the CPLP FAQs or contact Stephanie Johnson at 800.845.0778 extension 583.