How to Earn the ExecPLP Designation
The goal of the ExecPLP designation is to provide foundational knowledge of key directors and officers liability concepts as they relate to professional liability as well as ongoing continuing education in the latest trends and changes to directors and officers (D&O) liability in the professional liability space.
How do I earn the ExecPLP designation?
To earn the ExecPLP designation, you must:
- Be a member of PLUS
- Have a minimum of 2 years of professional liability experience
- Complete the following PLUS Curriculum modules and their corresponding exams:
- Module 1 | Fundamentals of Liability Insurance
- Module 2 | Commercial General Liability Insurance Overview
- Module 3 | Professional Liability Insurance: Introductions
- Module 6 | Professional Liability Insurance Claims
- Module 9 | Public/Financial D&O Liability Insurance
- Module 10 | Private/Non-Profit D&O Liability Insurance
- Module 11 | Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Module 12 | Fiduciary Liability Insurance
- Attend live or purchase the on-demand recordings* of the PLUS D&O University virtual program
- After completion of PLUS D&O University, attendees will automatically receive a waiver for Module 8 | Directors & Officers Professional Liability Insurance Introduction
*Note: On-demand recordings will only be available for purchase for 90 days after the live virtual program. On-demand recordings are not eligible for CE/CLE credit.
- Complete the ExecPLP Agreement Form after you've completed the above requirements and return it to Designation & Curriculum Manager, Stephanie Johnson
Do I have to do anything to maintain the ExecPLP designation after I earn it?
Yes, a candidate must complete and self-report 12 hours of professional development related to D&O professional liability every 2 years, as well as be a current PLUS member at the time of renewal. Click here for more information on how to maintain your ExecPLP designation.
Do you have an easily accessible list of modules?
Yes, we do! Click here for a list of modules, their copyright dates, package details, and pricing.
Ready to get started?
There is no application or matriculation process. Simply start by purchasing your modules and D&O University registration.
Did you know? You can save 15% by purchasing the set of modules needed for the ExecPLP Designation!
>> Purchase the CE-eligible set here
>> Purchase the non-CE eligible set here
Have more questions?
Check out the ExecPLP FAQs or contact Designation & Curriculum Manager, Stephanie Johnson.