Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have an easily accessible list of modules?
Yes, we do! All of our modules are available in the online eLearning format and can be purchased in either a CE-eligible or non-CE eligible package. The difference between the two packages is simply how you will take the exam. See below (How do I take an exam?) for further details.
>> Click here for a list of modules, their copyright dates, package details, and pricing.
>> Click here for more information on purchasing
How much do modules cost?
Pricing depends on the module package you choose (CE-eligible vs. non-CE eligible). Click here for detailed pricing information.
I've already earned another PLUS designation or certificate. Do I have to retake any of the modules?
No, you do not need to retake any modules you've already completed under another PLUS designation or certificate program in order to pursue the CPLP designation.
Do I have to be a PLUS member to pursue the CPLP designation?
Yes, you must be a member in order to complete any PLUS designation or certificate program. Additionally, you must be a current member at the time of your 2-year renewal period once you've earned the designation. Click here for more information on joining PLUS for free.
Are there any prerequisites for the CPLP designation?
No, there are no prerequisites for the designation and you are not required to study modules in any particular order.
How much time should I expect to dedicate to earning the CPLP designation?
Below are estimated times required for each part of the designation:
- Module 1 | 2.5 hours
- Module 2 | 5 hours
- Module 3 | 10.5 hours
- Module 6 | 6.5 hours
- Module 23 | 9 hours
- Attending the PLUS Cyber University live virtual program | 8 hours (over 3 days)
- Completing the Held for Ransom eLearning course | 30 - 60 minutes
Do I have to complete the designation in a certain amount of time?
No, there is no time limit on completing the designation so you can feel free to go at your own pace. To ensure you have the most current content, we strongly recommend that you purchase a module(s) when you're able to commit to studying.
I have other professional designations or experience in the Cyber Liability industry. Are there any waivers available for PLUS modules?
Yes, certain Core modules can be waived based on other designations and educational background. Additionally, attendance for Cyber University can be waived with industry experience. Click here to view available waivers.
To receive a waiver, the following steps must be completed:
- Select the appropriate waiver and submit with payment. Waivers are available for purchase online here or by downloading and completing the PLUS Designation Waiver Application here.
- Upload the required documentation, transcripts, or certificates under the Document Uploads section of the Member Dashboard
Each waiver application is $75. This fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee approval of the waiver application.
How do I take an exam?
How you take your exam will depend on whether you need Continuing Education (CE) credit for your state insurance license.
- If you do need CE credit > You will need to purchase a CE-eligible module package. This package includes the module in the online eLearning format and a registration for the corresponding proctored exam (can be taken either in-person at a testing center near you or remotely online from the comfort of your home or office).
- If you do not need CE credit > You will need to purchase a non-CE eligible module package. This package includes both the module and lesson exams all in the online eLearning format. You can take the lesson exams as many times as necessary to pass.
Note: The CE-eligible and non-CE eligible packages both count towards any PLUS designation and/or certificate program. However, the CE credits earned are not related to any sort of PLUS designation maintenance requirement.
I've completed all of the courses for the CPLP designation. Now what?
Once you've completed all of the requirements, please be sure to complete the CPLP Agreements Form and send it to Designation Manager, Stephanie Johnson. She'll then be in touch with final steps and paperwork to finalize your designation.
Have more questions?
Contact Designation Manager, Stephanie Johnson.